Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sometimes, computers hate us without knowing it.

In case you didn't know. It's 2011 now. Way to go, Dave, on keeping up with the times. This beautiful idea of mine. This concept...it's still in the conceptualization stage. Because of the loss of music-files in the folder for this project, the entire 3rd movement of this piece has to be re-recorded and somehow rebuilt with only a scratch take to base it off of. SO much work and energy lost to the infinite abyss that holds all of our collective lost files. Sometimes, computers hate us without knowing it.

All that said, I haven't given up on this project. But I am still royally PISSED. The track that I lost had roughly 15 tracks (different audio layers). It was about 5 1/2 minutes long. That all took me a dozen upon dozens of hours to record, re-record, mix, edit, and so on. And it was nearly finished. Just a couple things were left... So to have it be scrapped...and need to start over? You can see why I've had to step back. I almost said 'Forget it' and tossed the whole thing. That would have been stupid and brash. I would have regretted it.

So, this year, I plan to buy a new keyboard. With that, plus a hopeful reviving of my trumpet skills, I'll be able to rebuild Part 3 and put this project back on track. My siblings have some great ideas and really keen senses for artistic direction. I'm positive we will see this thing finished. Here's to a new year, folks. I'll see you around the steampunk'd bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment